Basic Sustainability Policy
Information on EM Systems’ SDG initiatives.
Basic Sustainability Policy
“A step further into a better future.”
EM Systems views the achievement of SDGs (Sustainable Development Goals) as an important business challenge for the EM Systems group, and we are actively engaged in improving our business value and achieving a sustainable society by contributing to solving social issues being taken on by the international community.
Commitment to achieving SDGs
Our management philosophy has a common thread in contributing to and achieving SDGs. For us to utilize cutting-edge technologies through business and become an indispensable company on a global scale, we will not only further contribute to the medical industry and contribute to solving social issues, but we will also create new value and continue to take on new challenges to achieve SDGs.
Each and every employee of the EM Systems group will work together to help contribute to achieving a sustainable society through SDG initiatives.
Representative Director and President
In-house system for promoting sustainability
EM Systems has established the SDGs Promotion Committee to promote sustainability. The committee works directly under the Representative Director and President, the chairperson attends management conferences, each committee member also holds various roles as regular employees, with the organization working to promote SDG activities at the EM Systems group.
SDGs（Sustainable Development Goals）
SDGs stands for “Sustainable Development Goals.” SDGs are international goals for achieving a better, sustainable world by 2030, and were included in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development adopted at the 2015 UN summit. They consist of 17 goals and 169 targets, and swear to “leave no one behind.”
<SDGs/ESG Comparison Table>
The SDGs/ESG Comparison Table compares each challenge in ESG with the 17 SDG goals, identifying important challenges that EM Systems should take on going forward. Specific goals are established for each key issue.
PDF SDGs/ESG Comparison Table (opens in separate window)
Prevent global warming and take action on environmental problems
Through the following in-house goals, we are helping prevent global warming and taking action on environmental issues.
- ・Collect used ink cartridges
- ・Quantify eco drive goals
- ・Switch to LED lighting at Osaka head office building
- Osaka head office is the recipient of the third Osaka Sustainable Architecture Award.
- ・Actively use FSC® certified paper for printed materials
Support and assist in efforts to solve international and social issues
At EM Systems, we give back part of profits generated in business activities to the community, and offer the chance for customers to casually join us in social contribution activities.
- ・Added donation options for shareholder incentives (¥3,000 or ¥5,000 equivalent)
Utilizing cutting-edge technology in medical, caregiving, and welfare domains
Through our business activities, we offer a variety of services that healthcare workers can use on a permanent basis.
- ・Provision and maintenance of services for all types of healthcare workers, caregiving facilities, and welfare facilities
- ・Medical information coordination (EHR services)
- ・Hirogaru Carenet solution for coordination between medical care and caregiving facilities
- ・Infectious disease epidemicity detection service*
- *Offered jointly with the Japan Medical Association, Japan Pharmaceutical Association, and EM Systems Co., Ltd.
Putting our management philosophy into practice
At EM Systems, we have established the group-wide SDGs Promotion Committee. They work to spread knowledge about SDGs among employees and provide education about putting the management philosophy into practice through SDGs.
- ・Initiatives on SDGs and in-house education through participation by all employees
Respect for human rights
EM Systems employs a diverse range of personnel. Through SDG themes, we conduct in-house employee questionnaires on gender, LGBTQ issues, and job satisfaction as well as actively promoting the appointment of management regardless of their gender.
- ・Questionnaires for all employees (SDGs, gender, LGBTQ issues, work satisfaction)
- ・Promote understanding of gender equality and diversity
Diverse and flexible work environment
Based on our management philosophy of continuing to create a cheerful, energetic, comfortable workplace, we are engaged in building an environment where each individual can create significant results.
- ・Promote rehiring of retired workers
- ・Promote health management
- ・Standardized flex time and work from home
- ・Promote taking paid leave
- ・Promote taking childcare leave for men and women
Promoting DX (digital transformation)
By proactively utilizing digital technologies to improve in-house productivity, we are engaged in environmentally-conscious efforts and building a framework that allows each individual to create significant results. Also, we are involved in promoting DX by developing various system businesses.
In addition to building a framework for precise, swift decision making and execution of duties along with an appropriate supervision and monitoring framework, appropriately disclosing information and ensuring accountability helps us maintain rationality and objectivity in making business decision and aim to improve our business value over the long term.
- ・Solid information security
- ・Strict observance of compliance
- ・Appropriate disclosure of information
- Click here for corporate governance reports